Vocational and Educational Services
When a return to work is the focus of rehabilitation, TLC Lubbock has a long history of helping patients with acquired brain injury, stroke and other neurological disorders achieve these goals through structured rehabilitation and evaluations that address the cognitive skills needed to seek and retain a job.
Vocational-based therapy services are provided through a transdisciplinary approach including speech therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, therapeutic recreation, case management, and counseling in order to prepare patients for entering the workforce upon discharge. At TLC Lubbock our therapists are able to provide functional job trials that include mock applications, interviews, job tasks, and supervisory conferences. TLC Lubbock therapists are also available to assess a patient’s vocational skills in their past/current job setting, to identify barriers to successful return to work.
TLC Lubbock provides:
- Functional transdisciplinary approach to vocational abilities
- Therapeutic job application and interview trials
- Multiple in-house patient jobs
- Custom in-house patient job development
- Assessment in patient’s past/current job setting
When a return to school is the focus of rehabilitation, TLC Lubbock uses a transdisciplinary approach to address many of the skills necessary for a successful return to a school environment. Speech therapy, occupational therapy physical therapy, therapeutic recreation, case management, and counseling services all work together in order to prepare patients for entering an educational setting upon discharge from TLC Lubbock.
At TLC Lubbock our therapists are able to provide strategy training directly addressing school skills, mock classroom lectures and exams, as well as education regarding the process of returning to school including navigating the process of acquiring modifications from student disability services at many schools. TLC Lubbock therapists are also available for teacher consultations, and are often able to provide tailored strategies and recommendations to allow for the most patient success in an educational setting.
TLC Lubbock provides:
- Transdisciplinary training of educational skills
- Close consultation with home schooling teachers for school-aged patients
- Mock classroom lectures, exams, labs, and note-taking opportunities
- Functional outings to local schools and universities, including exposure to actual coursework
- Education regarding return to school procedures including students with disabilities
- Education regarding learning styles and best study strategies for patient based on learning style