Items to Bring
Thank you for considering/choosing the Transitional Learning Center (TLC). We hope that you find the following list helpful while preparing for your stay with us. If you have any problems or questions regarding the items to bring, please contact the Admissions Office at: (409) 797-1452.
Keep medications within reach while packing. Please bring them with you on the day of admission.
The following are standards established by the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services (DADS). To assure your health and safety, the following conditions must be met prior to admission:
- Bring all prescribed medications, as well as over-the-counter (OTC) medications that you currently use.
- Copies of ALL prescriptions currently taken must be provided by the hospital physician or your primary care physician (PCP). This will be included in the medical record. State license requires we have a copy of all prescriptions on file. If there are any problems with medications, please call the Admissions Office at (409) 797-1452.
- Bring all prescribed medications with you on the day of admission. Please obtain refills for those medications that are ready to be refilled.
- Each medication must be in the original bottle and must have pharmacy labels.
- Provide information on how TLC is to get your medications refilled (prescription benefits, co-pays and/or self pay).
- Bring your Insurance Card, Prescription Card, Medicaid form and/or Medicare Card(s). These items are important in case of an emergency or for doctor appointments.
Your therapies will include, but are not limited to, physical therapy and therapeutic recreation therapy. Please bring clothing that is comfortable and appropriate for these activities, including supportive athletic shoes. Example of activities: PT, community walks, art and crafts and biking.
Please Note: You are responsible for furnishing your own personal items . Our program focuses on the functional independence of each individual.