- Age: Individuals must be 16 years or older.
- Medication: We require a current up-to-date list of medications.
- Functional Level: Individuals must be mobile. Mobility can be aided by an assisted device (e.g., walker or wheelchair).
- Insurance: Require payor source (e.g., insurance, DARS (formerly the Texas Rehab Commission), Worker Compensation Funds.
- Demographic Information: There are no restrictions on patient's current or planned exit location.
- Injury Criteria: Patients who have sustained a brain injury of any type, i.e. TBI, Stroke(CVA), Aneurysm, Encephalitis, etc that requires extended cognitive and physical rehabilitation and treatment.
- Length of Stay: A TLC patient's length of stay is dependent upon the individual's progress through the program. The average length of stay is around 90-days, but can be more or less depending on the patient's progress.
* TLC served 3 adolescent patients in the last year. Adolescent patients are treated in a day program setting and treatment varies depending on the needs of the patient.